Wednesday 30 July 2014

The Sims Advice // Naming Your Sims
















Do you spend 30 minutes deciding on a name for your sim? Yes? Well then, let me introduce you to baby name websites! OK, it's a little weird. Most people on those sites are, well, people who are expecting, but you won't regret this piece of advice.

I have two NotePad files called "BOY NAMES" and "GIRL NAMES". This is a preview of my "GIRL NAMES" list:

V

Valencia
Valerie
Vanille
Venecia
Verity
Veronica
Victoria
Virginia
Violet
Vivian

The website I use is Huggies. Basically, Huggies make nappies (aka diapers) for newborns to toddlers, but they have an excellent list of baby names.

Link: Huggies AU Baby Names

Depending on where you live, there'll be names that will be an absolute "no-no". For me, it'd be Native American names like Keezheekoni (girl name). Then there's absolutely beautiful names that I would've never came up with on my own like Princess, Oasis and Valencia, just to name a few.

The reason I started this baby names list was because at the time, I was going to be starting a new pregnant challenge, so I was going to need a lot of names, because last time the names were like "William", "Daniel", "Cara". Really ancient names, but I will admit Valencia has been around since the Roman Empire, but it isn't that common. That's the trick.

Now, instead of naming your sims Samuel and Sarah, you can name them Drew and Paris. New and improved names!

- Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment